ATS Update 1.38 Open Beta released
Author: admin | 22-06-2020, 11:54 | Views: 610 | Comments: 0
American Truck Simulator Update 1.38 Open Beta is here for ATS players.
Not much time has passed since the last update of American Truck Simulator, and here we are again, excited to offer the community a glimpse of the upcoming version 1.38 improvements, fixes, and new functionality.
It will still take at least several weeks before the full 1.38 release, please keep in mind that this is the first raw open beta, very much still a work in progress build. If you want to take it for a spin, you can help contribute by reporting any bugs you may encounter at the appropriate section of our official forums. Your feedback and reports are extremely valuable for our team and we thank you in advance for taking the time to help us out.
So, what can you expect to find in the 1.38 Open Beta for ATS? Let's take a closer look!
First off, the city of Las Vegas has received a major revamp, which includes new road networks, updates to existing interstate junctions, more detailed scenery, and the inclusion of newer vegetation, terrain textures, and much more!
Some of the main changes include new Interstate connection (515), an overhaul to the US-93 junction, and correct positioning of the 'Welcome to Las Vegas' with a new pedestrian island. You can find a more in-depth blog post on the subject which showcases many of the changes found in and around the city.
- Las Vegas city revamped (I-515/I-11 interstate bypass + the whole city switched to the template road system)
- US-191 road implemented
- UT-56 road implemented + reskin of a little stretch of US-93 around Panaca settlement
- CA-111 - new truckstop added
- El Centro revamped
- New company in Logan, UT (Plaster & Sons)
- Reworked all truck stop gas pumps to be more realistic. More realistic dimensions and the logic of how they work
- NM Shiprock redesigned + piece of US-491
- Various map fixes
- Automatic transmission improved (shifting points, adaptive modes)
- Las Vegas: New ambulance and fire truck
- Visual improvement - procedural ambient occlusion generation (SSAO)
- Route Adviser redesigned
- Navigation ETA to the next waypoint in route adviser and in world map
- Tobii eye-tracking presets
- RGB color picker redesigned
- Added RGB, HSV and HEX inputs
- User defined color presets
- Update to FMOD 2.01.01
- Fixed the retarder sound when the engine is off
- AI - exclude the gear for trains and electric vehicles
So enjoy all the new additions, but please remember: It's only an open beta, not a stable public version - so you may encounter bugs, instability, kinks, or crashes. It's completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you're interested in helping us to move there faster, we'll appreciate all of your feedback on our forum and your bug reports in this section.
Please check our modding wiki to get details pertaining to mods for the game.
If you wish to participate in the open beta, you can find this version in the public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right-click on American Truck Simulator → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.38 public beta. No password required.
Add Comment (0)